Monday, September 14, 2009

Do What You Love & Joy Will Follow

Has your happiness level gone to ground zero, and has your self esteem gone "out the window?"
You are not alone and unfortunately these problems are common even among people who do not suffer a chronic illness. There are many things that can diminish the joy of living. The question is, "What can we do to help ourselves or our loved ones combat this despairing situation?"

One thing we can do is find something we love doing; this brings back joy and give us a measure of happiness. Circumstances may limit or prevent us from taking part in activities we once enjoyed so maybe it’s time to search out a new hobby. Have you tried reading, painting, playing cards or volunteering? The most important thing is that we engage in something that keeps joy alive.

Another thing we can do is share our joy with other people. This increases our happiness level because selfless giving is said to be the greatest enrichment in life. Remember the scripture, “there’s more joy in giving than receiving”…

A smile is a simple way of giving but the influence is powerful. Learn to be wasteful with your smiles, your compliments and practice sharing them with people daily.
If we contribute to the joy of others we reap the happiness benefits.

Twelve years ago chronic illness forced me to leave a wonderful *career that I loved. But, in time I learned to embrace this new life along with it's challenges and began to focus on interests I'd never explored or had time for before.
Today, I enjoy *freelancing part-time. But, I find my greatest pleasure is in writing about my journey with rheumatoid arthritis and sharing how I've learned to cope with autoimmune disease.

Do what you love and joy will follow.

“Good Health to You”

Makeup Artist http://www.artistrybysandy.com
Sandy Guerriere
*recent client/bride

Wedding Photographer Stephanie Moore Photography
http://www.smoorephoto.com/
*client

The Autoimmune Epidemic: Bodies Gone Haywire In a World Out of Balance" - by Donna Jackson Nakazawa.

@SandyGuerriere - Twitter
artistrybysandy - StumbleUpon
Sandy's page - Wilmington's 3rd Street Plaza

© Copyright 2010 Sandy Guerriere. All Rights Reserved.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is truly well put. As someone who has dealt with Chronic pain for 26 years I can honestly say that this post is dead on. There is nothing that will distract my mind from pain and insure my own joy and happiness more than doing something for others and getting out of my self. In fact, I have made a vocation out of it as a publisher and a breakthrough coach for the last 22 years.

Great post, thanks for sharing, and keep it up.

Sandy said...

Dear Freddie;

Thank you for your comment.
By giving our time and talents in the support of others we share a gift that brings joy and happiness to everyone around us.

I'm "happy" to meet you!

Warm wishes,
Sandy

"Good Health to You"

Anonymous said...

you are so right sandy!

i'm starting to paint and draw. i used to love art class in high school, so i figured i'll still love it!

i think that getting lost in something you love not only takes your mind of the pain, but i think it relaxes your body on a deep level.

hope you're doing well sandy!

Jason said...

You are really amazing... and your help a lot of ppl also.

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

Robin & Jason;
It's good to hear from both of you.
Thank you, I actually do quite well when I follow my own advice. ;-)
'Do What You Love & "JOY" Will Follow'

You have brought me much JOY today with your comments!
Please take care of YOU...

Blessings!
Sandy Guerriere

"Good Health To You"

kinall204 said...

Sandy,

About 2 yrs ago my life turn completely upside down. I had been a professional reaching for the stars so to speak. Then illness left me with several disabilities that brought my career to a screeching halt. Trying to recover left me without my career and life I once known.
I not only found myself in the midst of an economic downfall, but, newly added personal challenges as I sought employment. I wanted to let you know I found a company called J.Lodge out of Ft Meyer, Fl. I was so thankful I found this job working from home…so far I have been pretty happy. I am not sure you know about them.. so I wanted to let you know about this company. People can apply thru their website at http://www.jlodge.com/careers/ Allison

kinall204 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
azuankota said...

CLICK HERE >>Blog Medication for Arthritis
Arthritis-your complete exercise guide. You can fight back against Arthritis. This blog provides you with a safe and sensible exercise programs that will help you reduce the adverse effects of arthritis and improve your overall fitness. Arthritis patient will find this blog to be invaluable. This blog target flexibility, strength, and aerobic activities most beneficial to people with arthritis.

CLICK HERE >>Blog Medication for Arthritis
http://medications-for-arthritis.blogspot.com